Training Your Core For A Fitter, Firmer, Faster Body
Article: The Gold Coast Cure / Fitter, Firmer, Faster
Share this article!
Segment 10: Training Your Core For A Fitter, Firmer, Faster Body
There are a lot of benefits to core training, but...
1. PREVENTION of low back injury is a DEFINITE major benefit. Core exercises are designed to stretch and strengthen the muscles, tendons, and ligaments that support and protect your spine--so core training exercises play a major role in keeping your back healthy --
2. Core training also significantly IMPROVES POSTURE -- which is actually going to help your stomach look noticeably FLATTER.--Also, that annoying protruding lower abdominal "pooch" so many women complain about is -believe it or not--OFTEN caused by weak abdominal muscles, specifically the transverse abdominal muscles that are located way deep in your lower abdomen-and core training exercises strengthen those muscles which help FLATTEN your stomach-- In addition, since core training strengthens the muscles in your low back this in turn pulls your entire midsection inward which also helps create a noticeably smaller waistline. So, the bottom line is, a consistent core training program will allow you to achieve the absolute flattest stomach and slimmest waistline genetically possible.
Two of the best ways to train your core include PILATES and STABILITY BALL training:--
PILATES works from the inside out strengthening those deep muscles that support and protect your spine and pelvis. But, the secret to getting results with pilates is to pull your stomach muscles INWARD-towards your spine.
1. DEMO: ROLL OVERS
2. DEMO: OPPOSITE ARM/ OPPOSITE LEG
STABILITY BALL TRAINING is also a super popular and great way to train your core.
1. DEMO: Ab crunches (with shins on ball)
2. DEMO: Single leg glute raises (abs on ball)
So, remember if you want good posture, a flat abdomen and a healthy strong back you definitely want to incorporate core training exercises into your workout program--For more core training ideas check out my website at www.goldcoastcure.com or the workouts in my Gold Coast Cure or Fitter, Firmer, Faster books. --
That's all for today, but please tune in for the next segment --we're going to talk about more total body toning exercises you can do using a stability ball.