1. THE INFORMATION WE GATHER.
The information learned from the Website's users, members and customers helps O2 personalize and continually improve your experience at the Website. O2 receives and stores certain types of information automatically whenever you interact with the Website. Here are the types of information O2 gathers and how it is used:
A. Voluntarily Provided Information.
- Personal: O2 receives and stores information that personally identifies you. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected at the Website include: name, address, email address, phone number, fax number, billing address, shipping address, product selections, order number, referring URL, IP address, password, username, how you got to know about the Website, gender, occupation, personal interests, your age and information about your interests in and use of various products, programs and services. You voluntarily provide this personally identifiable information when you enter it on the Website to sign up as a member of O2, whether in connection with a newsletter subscription, when you enter a sweepstakes, promotion or contest and/or other special benefits.
- Referred Person: At the Website, you can submit personally identifiable information about other people. For example, you might submit a person's name and email address to send a website referral or to email an O2 news story. The types of personally identifiable information that may be collected and stored about other people at the Website include: recipient's name, address, email address and telephone number. O2 does not share with, rent, transfer or sell personally identifiable information that you submit about other people to any third parties or nonaffiliated entities.
- Payment: If you are located in the United States and make a purchase or payment on the Website, O2 will collect and store your personally identifiable information. When processing an order or payment on the Website, O2 needs to know your name, mailing address, billing address, email address, telephone number, product selection, order number, credit card number and expiration date. This information is necessary to process your order or payment. Although O2 transmits your credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing, O2 does not rent, transfer, sell or share your credit card issuer, credit card number or expiration date with any nonaffiliated entities.
- Registration: Registered Website members, users who sign up for O2 newsletters and users who enter sweepstakes or contests on the Website will receive occasional marketing materials or surveys from O2 and/or its trusted marketing partners at the email address provided at sign up. If you would like to opt out from receiving these materials, please email webmaster@O2mediainc.com.
B. Automatically Provided Information.
- IP Address: Your Internet Protocol ("IP") address is a unique identifier used to connect your computer to the Internet. Your IP address also is stored in O2's user registration databases when you register with O2. IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including to: (i) help O2 identify you and your shopping cart and to gather broad demographic information; (ii) diagnose service or technology problems reported by O2 users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific Web company or ISP; (iii) estimate the total number of users visiting O2 from specific areas; and (iv) help determine which users have access privileges to certain content that O2 hosts.
- Web Beacons: Web pages may contain electronic images (called a "single-pixel GIF" or "Web beacon") that allow a Website to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies. O2 uses Web beacons (i) in order to count users and to recognize users by accessing O2 cookies, (ii) to count and recognize users who have read emails sent by O2, and (iii) to personalize your experience when you visit the Website.
- Mobile Device Unique Identifier: O2 provides services that allow users to access and customize Internet content through mobile phones, PDAs and other alternative devices. These devices may collect different information than what is collected by computers. When connecting to O2 using a mobile device that provides Internet access, if the mobile device service provider uniquely identifies the device, O2 will receive this information. O2 may use this unique mobile device identification information to offer extended services and/or functionality. Certain O2 services may require collection of the phone number for your device. O2 may associate that phone number to the mobile device identification information.
- Physical Location: Some mobile phone service providers in the United States are required to operate a system that will pinpoint the physical location of devices that use their service. Depending on the provider and if you are located in the United States, O2 may automatically receive this information. O2 may use and store this information to provide enhanced location-based services as well as to serve location-targeted advertising.
C. Use of Third Parties to Collect Information.
2. INFORMATION SHARING.
A. Contests; Sweepstakes; newsletters.
O2 may provide personal information provided when you register or when you sign up for a newsletter, sweepstakes or contest to trusted partners who work with O2. These companies may use your personal information to communicate with you about offers or surveys from O2 and/or our marketing partners. However, our partners do not have any independent right to share this personal information with third parties. If you would like to opt out from receiving these materials, please email webmaster@O2mediainc.com.
B. Agents; Contractors.
O2 occasionally has third party agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners that perform functions on O2's behalf, such as marketing, analytics, research, credit card processing, shipping or stocking orders, providing customer service, fraud protection, etc. These entities have access only to the personal information needed to perform their functions. They are restricted from using, selling, distributing or altering this data in any way other than to provide the requested services to the Website.
C. Legal Reasons.
D. Sponsors; Advertisers.
E. Within the Company.
3. LINKS TO OUTSIDE THIRD PARTIES.
The Website may contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than the information practices of O2. Users who click over to a third party site from a link on the Website must be aware that O2 makes no warranties with regard to that site's policies or business practices. O2 is not responsible for any transactions that occur between the user and the third party site. Please consult the other sites' privacy policies, as O2 has no control over information that is submitted to or collected by these third parties. Should a user purchase any products or services from that third party site, the user must contact the third party site directly regarding any disputes that might occur, including but not limited to delayed shipping, missing products, damaged goods or pricing and billing discrepancies. O2 is not responsible for the actions of any third-party site.
4. CHILDREN'S GUIDELINES.
It is possible that due to fraud or deception by others, O2 may unknowingly receive information pertaining to children under the age of 13. If O2 is notified of this, once O2 has verified the information, O2 will promptly obtain parental consent or otherwise delete the information from its servers. If you want to notify O2 of its receipt of information in relation to children under the age of 13, please email webmaster@O2mediainc.com.
5. PUBLIC FORUMS.
The Website may have chat rooms, forums, message boards and newsgroups available to its users. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. If you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. As these forums are public and open for users to interact with each other, O2 expects all its users to respect the rights of others. By using these forums, you agree that O2 is not responsible for any information that you disclose or communicate in such forums, and any disclosures you make are at your own risk.
6. CONSENT TO INTERNATIONAL INFORMATION TRANSFERS.
The Website is operated in the United States. While O2 is committed to providing your information with a high level of privacy protection, you should know that the general level of protection for personal information in the United States may not be the same as that provided in other countries. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to O2 will be transferred to the United States. By using the Website, participating in any O2 services and/or providing O2 with personally identifiable information, you fully understand and unambiguously consent to this transfer and the collection and processing of information in the United States.
O2 places a priority on the security of personal information and O2 has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under O2's control. O2 is able to keep your personal information safe and secure by utilizing the industry standard technology, including password protected member records, firewalls, secure servers and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we are committed to protecting your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
9. MAKING CHANGES TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
10. CONTACTING THE WEBSITE.
O2 Media™, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer, Business & Legal Affairs
2001 West Sample Rd.
Pompano Beach, FL 33064
If you have any other questions, please email webmaster@O2mediainc.com