It’s estimate that about 14% of students who received their bachelor’s degree last year studied abroad -- and this number is projected to increase in coming years.
Studying abroad is one of the most memorable learning experiences for a college student and many parents wish they could provide this opportunity to their kids. Paying for college is already expensive and with tuition costs increasing, many families and students are forced to take out loans.
Many parents may wonder if there is a way to send their kids abroad at a reasonable cost. The University of Alberta makes this possible. For the same cost as out-of-state tuition, parents can send their children to the University of Alberta in Canada. The University of Alberta is ranked as one of the top 5 universities in Canada and one of the top 100 in the world.
Why choose the University of Alberta for an international study abroad program?
• UAlberta has a large campus with 18 facilities
• Over 400 programs to choose from
• English speaking environment
• Noted for degrees like Paleontology and a new technology called “Nanotechnology”
• Reputation of excellence in Arts and Humanities
• Houses Canada’s second largest research library
• International students are given a student Visa’s that last up to 2 years after graduation
• International co-ops are available
• International internships are available
The University of Alberta welcomes approximately 1,500 new international students each fall. With international abroad programs lasting from as little as one semester to a full 4 year degree program the University of Alberta offers many options for students and their families.
If you would like to send your child to study abroad and want to learn more about University of Alberta, please visit: http://www.ualberta.ca/