Beans are good for ….Your heart!
That’s right; the old school nursery rhyme holds 100 percent truth. Not only are beans low in fat, high in fiber and protein, they are also easy on your wallet.
Beans are a great source of nutrition that can easily be incorporated into everyday meals -- and with the EZ Bean cooker are fast and easy to make. And no more soaking dry beans overnight!
Beans are so extremely versatile and can be added to recipes like soups, salads, pastas, and burgers. There is also a big variety of beans to choose from such as pintos, black beans, chick peas, navy beans, and much more.
Sara Moulton, celebrity chef on The Balancing Act® and host of Sara’s Weeknight Meals on PBS used the EZ Bean Cooker on a recent Balancing Act show to prepare black bean soup that the whole family would love.
To make Sara’s BLACK BEAN SOUP follow these instructions:
• Sort the black beans to discard any discolored beans.
• Rinse sorted beans with cold water.
• Place beans in inner cooking pot of the EZ Bean Cooker.
• Add water, vegetable oil, and seasonings (onion, garlic, ground black pepper, ground cumin, and bay leaf).
• Select Black Bean button on cooker and press Start.
• Once cook cycle is complete, mash or puree ingredients to desired consistency and serve.
The EZ Bean cooker uses a pressure cooking technology that, unlike cooking beans in a Crockpot, prepares beans and this black bean soup in as little as 30 minutes. That leaves more time with the family and less time in the kitchen.
The first 100 customers to order will receive 20% off of their EZ Bean Cooker (coupon code: EZBalance20). Even if you’re not one of the first 100 customers, as a Balancing Act VIP, you can still receive free shipping (coupon code: EZShip). Please note: one coupon per order.
For more information on the EZ Bean Cooker, visit: http://www.ezbeancooker.com