Are you one of the 20 million women who own a gun? Whether you own one for sport or protection, it’s critical to keep it in a safe place.
Kel-Tec CNC Industries has been a pioneer in concealed carry weapons since the ‘90s. They strongly believe in the right to protect yourself and believe that women especially should familiarize themselves with pistols and how to use them safely if the need for one arises.
Proper concealing of the weapon is one of the first things new shooters should learn. Here are some tips:
• Wear clothing that allows comfortable carrying and easy access. Women’s clothing does not lend itself to carrying weapons (lack of packets, tight fitting).
• For a women, concealing requires carrying in a purse or a thigh holster.
• Purses are made that have built-in safe holsters that are hidden and easy to access. (www.guntotenmammas.com)
• Use holster that fully covers trigger, especially in purse, to prevent accidently grabbing by the trigger.
• Never carry in pocket with other items. The trigger could discharge while you are pulling out your keys or other objects
Also keep in mind your environment may dictate which type of firearm you want:
• Long guns, shotguns are better for home defense
• Certain calibers can travel through walls
• Living space - Apartment vs. ranch vs. house can make a difference
In addition to storage, knowing what accessories and ammunition to use and what techniques to employ are all important for first-time or veteran firearm users.
For more info, please visit: www.keltecweapons.com