Did you sleep well last night?
Evidence shows that healthy sleep as a must to maintain our overall health, including managing weight.
Symptoms from lack of proper restful sleep include 1) Depression 2) Poor Concentration 3) Poor memory and 4) Excessive napping in the day.
Did you know that 1 in 5 adults has a sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) problem – and that two of the most common are snoring and sleep apnea?
Sleep apnea, when your airway narrows, vibrates (snoring) or collapses (stop breathing), is a very widespread problem that can affect people of any age, including children, regardless of age, weight or sex – not just overweight middle-aged people!
Loved ones may be unable to sleep through the loud, disruptive snoring. The long-term health consequences of untreated sleep apnea can affect the whole family’s quality of life.
• Healthy sleep is as important to your health as exercise and a balanced diet.
• Snoring and constant tiredness may be an indication of sleep apnea.
• Untreated sleep apnea is a potentially life-threatening disease that goes hand-in-hand with many serious conditions
• People with sleep apnea are more likely to have cardiovascular and metabolic health problems, traffic and workplace accidents, relationship problems and depression.
• Effective treatment can improve health and give people more energy.
How do you treat sleep apnea?
Positive airway pressure treatment is the gold standard of treatment and can dramatically improve serious health conditions like heart disease and diabetes. New treatment systems are available that are comfortable, lifestyle-friendly and customized for women’s unique treatment needs.
RedMed is the first to tailor the CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure)mask:
• CPAP is a noninvasive treatment
• Tailored to women who have smaller features
• Air pressure keeps upper airway open
Get the sleep you need and the energy you deserve, with CPAP from ResMed.
For more information, please visit: www.Resmed.com.