Hit the Bulls-Eye with Firearm Safety
Today’s modern woman is involved in just about every sport, but would you believe that there’s been a 50% increase in participation for women in Target Shooting in the last 10 years?
Women are taking aim at learning how to handle firearms not just for sport, but also for protection, security and peace of mind.
Did you know.… ?
• 12 million women own guns in USA. Statistics show they’re purchased for:
o 80% self defense
o 35% target practice
o 24% hunting
• As many as 200,000 women use a gun every year to defend themselves against sexual abuse
• 61% of firearms dealers saw an increase in female customers from 2009 to 2010
Handling a firearm is a big responsibility and can be intimidating. Taurus USA believes that safety and training – for both physically handling the gun to learning the proper way to shoot ---is absolutely essential for responsible firearms ownership.
Taurus USA is one of the world’s leading brands in the small firearms market with an extensive line of safe and reliable handguns tailored towards personal defense and sport shooting. Several of these revolvers and pistols are designed especially for women, smaller statured individuals, and smaller hand sizes.
If you are ready to hit the bulls-eye with some target shooting, please remember these safety tips from Taurus:
• Always wear ear and eye protection
• Always treat a gun is as if it is loaded
• Point it in a safe direction
• Keep finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
• Know what’s beyond your target
It’s vital to follow all local, state and federal laws pertaining to firearms, and proper training and continued education can provide a level of confidence and security with handgun ownership.
Put safety into your own hands – and aim to use your firearm safely -- and when not in use, keep it in a safe place.
For more information, please visit: www.taurususa.com.