Marukan Rice Vinegar
Marukan is the perfect tool for flavor to use in the kitchen and is the ideal way to season a dish the way you would with salt and pepper. Rice Vinegar will enhance their flavor. When you need to add some more tartness or sourness to your dish, add Genuine Brewed Rice Vinegar.When you need to boost the flavor with some sugar or some salt, add Seasoned Gourmet Rice Vinegar and make your dish tangy. Marukan Rice Vinegar is made by the cultivation of a slow and delicate process including fermentation, refining and aging — a special technique handed down over 360 years.
Marukan® Stir Fry
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut bite size
- 4 carrots, cut in matchsticks
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup shoyu
- 1/4 cup Marukan® Genuine Brewed Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp ginger
- 4 servings of hot cooked rice
Cut all of the meat and vegetables, so they are ready to cook. Start your rice in a rice cooker or on the stove. The cooking time for the dinner is equal to the cooking time for the rice. Using a wok or large frying pan, heat sesame oil over medium-high. Add in the garlic. When the oil starts to sizzle, add in the shoyu, Marukan Genuine Brewed Rice Vinegar, mirin, sugar, and ginger. Mix well. Add chicken. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Chicken will have a rich brown color from the sauce. Add in the vegetables and cook until the rice is done. Serve over rice.
Flavor Tip: Once the stir fry has been put on the plate over rice, you can add some Marukan Seasoned Gourmet Rice Vinegar over the top for an extra boost of flavor.
Marukan® Signature Chinese Chicken Salad
- 3 Whole Chicken breasts (cooked, cooled and diced)
- 6 oz. Dried Noodles (traditionally Sai fun noodles but chow mein noodles may be substituted)
- 2 1/4 cups chopped Green Onions (tops included)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Water Chestnuts
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Red Cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups Marukan® Seasoned Gourmet Rice Vinegar
- 2 cups Mandarin Orange Slices (drain if canned, best to use fresh)
- 3 Heads Iceberg Lettuce (shredded)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Sesame seeds (toasted)
Combine chicken, green onions, water chestnuts and sesame seeds in bowl; mix well. Add lettuce, cabbage, dried noodles and 1 1/2 cups mandarin orange slices. Blend remaining cup of mandarin orange slices with the Marukan Seasoned Gourmet Rice Vinegar then toss and serve.
Serves 8 – 12
Marukan® Mango Salsa
Great with Salmon or Shrimp
- 2 Mangos, medium firm, ripe
- 1 Asian pear, medium firm
- 1 or 2 Serrano chilies, de-seeded
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2/3 cup Marukan® Seasoned Gourmet Rice Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Lime Juice
In a blender, combine Marukan Seasoned Gourmet Rice Vinegar, lime juice with cilantro and Serrano chile(s). Blend thoroughly. Peel and cube mangos and pear. Marinade for at least 20 minutes in the dressing. Serve as garnish over baked salmon, grilled shrimp or with tortilla chips.
Marukan® Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1/3 cup Marukan® Seasoned Gourmet Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Lime juice
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2 tsp Chipotle Chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1 cup Cilantro
Chipotle chilies should be in adobo sauce and can be found in the Mexican section of your store. Chop cilantro and set aside. Mince garlic and set aside. Puree chipotle chilies in food processor. Add all ingredients except oil and cilantro to processor and blend. Slowly add stream of oil to form emulsion.
Add cilantro to processor and pulse to combine. Toss this dressing with baby greens.
Marukan® Green Bean & Mushroom Salad
- 2 ½ pounds fresh green beans trimmed
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Marukan® Genuine Brewed Rice Vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pound White Button Mushrooms, sliced (about 5 ½ cups)
- 3 medium Shallots, peeled and chopped
- Freshly ground Black Pepper
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Toss in the green beans, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until the beans are just tender but still firm. Drain and place them in a large bowl. Whisk together the oil, Marukan Genuine Brewed Rice Vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl until the dressing is blended. Add the mushrooms and shallots to the bowl of green beans, and pour the dressing over the top. Season with salt and pepper, tossing gently to coat, and serve at room temperature.
Serves 8 to 10