James Findling, Professor of Clinical Medicine Director of Community Endocrine Services, Medical College of Wisconsin.. Join us to discuss Cushings Syndrome and its diagnosis and treatments. Meet a woman who’s more than happy to share her story of a personal road to recovery. You don’t want to miss this.
Is high cortisol triggering mysterious symptoms? The answer may be Cushing’s
High cortisol triggering mysterious symptoms? Answer: Cushing’s
What is Cushing’s Syndrome?
Often hard to diagnose, Cushing’s Syndrome is a rare disorder caused by high levels of cortisol in the body. Cortisol is a natural hormone that your body produces to help manage stress and metabolism.
Cushing’s typically affects people ages 20 to 50, and usually impacts more women than men. Common symptoms include:
• Upper body obesity
• Rounded face
• Increased fat around neck
• Thinning arms and legs
• Easily bruised skin bruises
• Purplish pink stretch marks on abdomen, thighs, buttocks, arms and breasts.
• Excess hair growth on woman’s face, neck, chest, abdomen, thighs
While the most common cause of Cushing’s is exposure to corticosteroid medications such as prednisone and others used in injections and creams, a small percentage of the population develop Cushing’s due to a tumor on the pituitary gland (located at the base of the brain), the adrenal gland, or elsewhere in the body.
After diagnosis, most patients undergo pituitary surgery — and this is the first and best option for most patients. But surgical failures or recurrences happen on a fairly regular basis.
Many people – including some in the medical community – believe that Cushing’s is just a “weight” issue. In fact, many patients with Cushing’s report healthy, low-calorie diets and exercise all the while gaining excess weight caused by excess cortisol. Cushing’s is not as simple as dieting for weight loss.
To learn more about Cushing’s disease and treatment options, please join James Findling, Professor of Clinical Medicine and Director of Community Endocrine Services, Medical College of Wisconsin and a woman who shares her personal story on Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013 and April 30th, 2013 at 7:00 am (ET/PT) on The Balancing Act®.
The Balancing Act® Talks Cushings Syndrome on Lifetime TV
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
O2 Media, Inc.
The Balancing Act® Cooks Up Quick Post-Workout Meal; Talks Cushings Syndrome on Lifetime TV
Maruchan Ramen Noodles, Corcept Therapeutics Featured on Morning Show
(Pompano Beach, FL – PR LOG) Popular morning show The Balancing Act® welcomed some of the hottest names in easy meal ideas and information about Cushing’s Syndrome on their show that aired on Tuesday, April 23rd at 7:00 a.m. (ET/PT) on Lifetime TV. Make sure to watch featured partners Maruchan here and Corcept Therapeutics here take center stage as hosts Danielle and Kristy help jump start the day with animated conversation, lively recipe demonstrations and great information to balance and empower a women’s life.
Don’t miss this line-up taking center stage on The Balancing Act:
– A Quick Post-Workout Meal Idea with Maruchan Ramen Noodles – It was hard enough to find time in your busy day to exercise, and now you’re hungry and still pressed for time. Maruchan ramen noodles take only a few minutes to prepare and will taste great after that work-out. Join Chef Chris Paul is back in The Balancing Act kitchen as he cooks up a delicious and quick post-workout meal that’s enough for the whole family.
– Information About Cushings Syndrome – Is high cortisol triggering mysterious symptoms? The answer may be Cushing’s. Join James Findling, Professor of Clinical Medicine and Director of Community Endocrine Services, Medical College of Wisconsin to discuss Cushing’s Syndrome. A new prescription medicine is helping Cushing’s patients when surgery fails. It’s one Balancing Act segment you simple can’t afford to miss! http://www.cushings-help.com
About The Balancing Act® on Lifetime Television
Now in its 5th year, The Balancing Act® continues to empower women in all aspects of their lives. The mission at The Balancing Act is simple – the show strives to help today’s modern woman balance it all by bringing them exceptional solutions to everyday problems. Entertaining, educational and trusted by women, viewers can tune in to America’s premier morning show The Balancing Act on weekday mornings at 7:00 am (ET/PT) on Lifetime television.
For additional information or to view a segment visit: http://www.thebalancingact.com
Join the Conversation!
Like us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/TheBalancingActFans
Follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/balancingacttv
Watch us on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/thebalancingact