The Shaving Talk With Our Daughters By BIC Soleil Savvy
Exactly when is it okay for our daughters to start shaving? The jury is still out as Julie Moran, Kristy Villa and Mary-Ellen Lacasse discuss this rite of passage as well as helpful tips to prevent skin irritation by BIC Soleil Savvy.
Savvy Shaving Talk
When is the "right" time for our daughters to start the rite of passage of shaving?
Summer is just around the corner, and those sleeveless sundresses and new shorts are just waiting to be worn! And if you have a teenage daughter, it may be the ideal time for her to ask “Can I start shaving my legs?”
As a mom, you may wonder if your daughter is ready to shave and when exactly is it ok to start? Like wearing make-up and dating, it’s a rite of passage that’s bound to happen, so why not be prepared for that inevitable “razor talk?”
Here are some quick tips you can share in your conversation with your daughter:
- Shaving with slow and careful strokes will ensure a better experience
- Shave legs with strokes starting at ankle (paying attention around knees), and shave underarm hair up or down (hairs can grow in different directions)
- Shave towards the end of a shower when hair is softer, making it easier to shave – and to minimize nicks and cuts and increase blade longevity.
Choosing the right razor is so important! BIC® Soleil® Savvy® is an innovative razor that is great for new shavers because it:
- Features three individually adjusting flexible blades for a flawlessly smooth shave.
- Has a pivoting head to easily glide over the contours of your body.
- Has lubricating strips with Vitamin E to pamper your skin.
- Gives you confidence and control with its rubber grip.
BIC® Soleil® Savvy® combines the convenience of replaceable cartridges with the affordable price point of a premium disposable.
Replaceable heads. Disposable handle. Great value!
Can you and your daughter answer these questions?
Is shaving at night good for your skin?
YES! Shaving removes dead skin cells, and while this is healthy for your skin, it reduces your skin’s defenses for a couple of hours. Shaving at night will give your skin the entire night to recover its strength and suppleness.
Does clean skin help prevent bumps?
Yes! Clean skin will help prevent infection or bumps. Hot water actually diminishes hair toughness, which can increase blade longevity… and wet hair is easier to shave.
Why do I need to lubricate my skin before shaving?
Lubrication prepares the skin for a smoother shave. Pairing a shave prep with a razor featuring a lubricating strip with ingredients like vitamin E will help improve your shaving experience.
BIC® Soleil® also gives you the chance to win amazing prizes with the 100 Day Beach Blast Promotion. You can enter every day for a chance to win instant win prizes and the sweepstakes grand prize trip to Atlantis in the Bahamas.*
Tune in on Wednesday, May 1st or May 8th at 7:00 am (ET/PT) as Mary-Ellen Lacasse discusses this rite of passage as well as helpful tips to prevent skin irritation.
*100 Day Beach Blast. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Void where prohibited. Instant win game and sweepstakes open to legal residents of the 50 United States and DC, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Go to http://www.Facebook.com/BICSoleil to enter and for Official Rules. Starts 5/1/13 and ends 8/8/13. Sponsor: BIC USA Inc., Shelton, CT 06484. This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
The Balancing Act® Talks Razor Rite of Passage on Lifetime TV
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
O2 Media, Inc.
The Balancing Act® Talks Razor Rite of Passage, Danish-Inspired Jewelry and Anti-Snore Pillow on Lifetime TV
BIC Consumer Products USA Inc., Biosmart Sciences, Skagen Denmark Take Center Stage on Upcoming Show with Celebrity Host Julie Moran
(Pompano Beach, FL – PR LOG/CISION – April 30, 2013) Popular morning show The Balancing Act® welcomes some of the hottest names in classic jewelry, smart shaving, and restful sleeping on their show airing on Wednesday, April 30th at 7:00 a.m. (ET/PT) on Lifetime TV. Make sure to watch as hosts Julie Moran and Kristy Villa help jump start the day with animated conversation, gift ideas, lively demonstrations and great information to balance and empower a women’s life.
Don’t miss this line-up taking center stage on The Balancing Act:
– Conversations with our Daughters- The Shaving Talk with BIC® Soleil® Savvy® – Exactly when is it okay for our daughters to start shaving? The jury is still out as Julie Moran, Kristy Villa and Mary-Ellen Lacasse from BIC® Soleil® Savvy® discuss this rite of passage, the importance of choosing the right razor, as well as helpful tips to prevent skin irritation. http://www.feelthesoleil.com
– Get More Restful Sleep with Anti-Snore Pillow from Biosmart Sciences – Did you know that your pillow may be causing you or your loved one to snore? Snoring can lead to sleep deprivation, and has been associated with sleep apnea. Join Julie Moran and Roger Sramek who is the inventor of the BIOS™ anti-snore pillow from Posture Health. It’s built to adjust to give neck support and has FDA approval to reduce snoring. http://www.biospillow.com
– Danish Jewelry Design and Timeless Gift Ideas from Skagen Denmark – Looking for a special gift? The Balancing Act® viewers get help finding that perfect gift for Mother’s Day or any upcoming occasion with the help of expert Thomas Bennedsen from Skagen Denmark who will talk about how to choose a gift that will be cherished for a long time! Elegant, stylish and classic design is rooted in Skagen’s Danish-inspired jewelry. http://www.skagen.com
About The Balancing Act® on Lifetime Television
Now in its 5th year, The Balancing Act® continues to empower women in all aspects of their lives. The mission at The Balancing Act is simple – the show strives to help today’s modern woman balance it all by bringing them exceptional solutions to everyday problems. Entertaining, educational and trusted by women, viewers can tune in to America’s premier morning show The Balancing Act on weekday mornings at 7:00 am (ET/PT) on Lifetime television.
For additional information or to view a segment visit: http://www.thebalancingact.com
Join the Conversation!
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Watch us on YouTube
BIC Consumer Products USA (www.bicworldusa.com) is a leading manufacturer of stationery products, lighters and shavers. BIC men’s and women’s razor portfolios offer innovative solutions that provide an ultra-smooth shaving experience, and honor BIC’s commitment to providing high-quality, affordable products to consumers everywhere for more than 50 years. Through this unwavering dedication, BIC has become one of the most recognized brands in the world today, delivering “More for your Money…Always!”