If you’ve never tried your melon with salt and pepper, this salad is the perfect excuse! Perfect for a backyard BBQ or dinner with friends, the bright summer colors in this dish are as beautiful as they are delicious.
Avocado Melon Salad Recipe
4 cups cubed watermelon, honeydew,
cantaloupe or any melon variety
Juice from 1 lime
¼ tsp sea salt
1 pinch fresh cracked pepper
1 pinch Aleppo chili flakes
1 handful fresh cilantro, trimmed and washed
- If using watermelon, simply cube and set aside.
- If using a melon, cut it in half and scoop out the innards with a large spoon.
- Cut the halves into 1-inch wide strips, remove the rind and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Cut your avocados in half and remove the pit by hitting it with a sharp knife and then twisting it out.
- Gently remove the peel and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- To assemble, mix melon and avocado cubes together with remaining ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- Another serving option is to arrange the cubes in a random checkerboard pattern on a large rectangular platter. Drizzle with lime juice and sprinkle with remaining ingredients.