Relief for Acne With Aqua Pharmaceuticals
Understanding Acne and Treatment Options – with Aqua Pharmaceuticals LLC. Acne can be a painful and debilitating skin condition. It’s a condition that can affect women and men as well, and manifest itself well beyond the teenage years. It can be difficult to manage. Join Board Certified Dermatologist Doctor Sherry Ingraham as she shares medical insight, including effective treatments that help manage, and control acne – including the most severe.
Relief for Acne at Any Age
Are you or one of your teens fighting adult acne? There is a treatment to help manage and control it.
Are you fighting adult acne? Or perhaps one of your teens is?
Did you know…..?
– Acne is an extremely prevalent disease that affects a variety of age groups, and a majority of patients during some point in the lifetime.
– Is NOT the result of dirty clothes, chocolate or greasy foods; acne is a result of hormonal changes going on in the body.
– Acne is the most common skin condition in the United States.
– A dermatologist is the expert when it comes to treating this condition.
As the primary medical decision maker in your family, perhaps you are searching for solutions.
Acne can be severe. Fortunately, medications including certain oral antibiotics work to improve, control and help manage acne. You should ask your dermatologist if ACTICLATE® (doxycycline hyclate USP) Tablets are right for you or your kids because ACTICLATE® is:
• a prescription oral antibiotic indicated for combination therapy in severe acne
• a small, easy-to-swallow tablet
• available at an affordable price
ACTICLATE® has a prescription savings program that allows eligible patients to get the medication for no more than $10 per prescription fill. Please go to: http://www.aquaaccesscard.com to see the terms and conditions and download a savings card.
So make sure to check with your Dermatologist to see if ACTICLATE® is right for you.
Aqua Pharmaceuticals, an Almirall company, is dedicated to helping patients achieve their goals of healthy skin and a positive self-image.
Funding for this newsletter has been provided by Aqua Pharmaceuticals.
To learn more, please go to: http://www.aquapharm.com/pdf/ActiclatePI2014Jul.pdf
ACTICLATE® (doxycycline hyclate USP) Tablets are indicated for adjunctive (combination) therapy in severe acne.
Important Safety Information for Patients Regarding ACTICLATE® (doxycycline hyclate USP) Tablets, 150 mg and 75 mg
ACTICLATE® Tablets are an antibiotic in the tetracycline class. ACTICLATE® Tablets should be used only to treat infections caused by bacteria that are killed or inhibited by doxycycline. You should take ACTICLATE® Tablets exactly as your doctor prescribed in order to ensure that it will remain useful as a treatment for this and other appropriate infections.
Who should not take ACTICLATE® Tablets:
You should not take ACTICLATE® Tablets if you have had an allergic or other reaction to doxycycline or another tetracycline antibiotic.
Warnings and Precautions:
• Taking ACTICLATE® Tablets during pregnancy may cause a permanent discoloration in your baby’s teeth.
• Children under the age of 8 years may develop a permanent change in color (yellow, gray, brown) in their teeth by taking ACTICLATE® Tablets.
• Diarrhea has been reported with the use of ACTICLATE® Tablets and may range from mild diarrhea to fatal colitis. If you develop watery or bloody stools (with or without stomach cramps and fever), contact your doctor as soon as possible to rule out the possibility of Clostridum difficile-associated diarrhea (CDAD).
• Taking ACTICLATE® Tablets may increase your sensitivity to sunlight and may cause a more severe sunburn-type reaction. You should avoid and/or limit sun exposure while taking ACTICLATE® Tablets.
• Increased pressure in the skull has been reported with the use of tetracycline drugs like ACTICLATE® Tablets. Contact your doctor if you experience headaches, blurred vision, double-vision or vision loss. Overweight women of child-bearing age or those who have ever been diagnosed with Intracranial Hypertension (also known as IH or Pseudotumor Cerebri) are at greater risk for developing this side effect.
• You should drink fluids liberally along with doxycycline to reduce the risk of esophageal irritation and ulceration.
Some patients taking tetracyclines like ACTICLATE® Tablets have reported side effects including: anorexia (decreased appetite), nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, rash, increased sensitivity to sunlight, hives, and anemia (low red blood cells or hemoglobin). Additional side effects reported with the use of doxycycline hyclate include impaired kidney function, abnormal blood cell counts, swelling, worsening of systemic lupus, and Stevens-Johnson syndrome (a severe inflammatory eruption of the skin and mucous membranes).
• Birth control pills may be less effective while taking ACTICLATE® Tablets.
• Avoid use of tetracyclines while also taking penicillin.
• Absorption of tetracyclines is impaired by antacids containing aluminum, calcium, or magnesium, bismuth subsalicylate, and iron-containing preparations.
Use During Pregnancy and Nursing:
• ACTICLATE® Tablets are considered a Pregnancy Category D, which means there is evidence of risk to fetus, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks.
• Avoid taking ACTICLATE® Tablets while nursing.
This list of side effects, warnings, and precautions is not complete. You can refer to the attached ACTICLATE® Tablets Prescribing Information or your healthcare provider can discuss with you additional considerations prior to taking ACTICLATE® Tablets.
To report SUSPECTED ADVERSE REACTIONS, contact Aqua Pharmaceuticals at 1-866-665-2782, or FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
© 2015 O2 Media, Inc. All rights reserved. O2 Media and the O2 Media logo are trademarks of O2 Media, Inc.
The Balancing Act and the Balancing Act Logo are trademarks of The Balancing Act TV, LLC
Lifetime and the Lifetime Logo are trademarks of Lifetime Entertainment Services, LLC
The Balancing Act® Talks Relief for Acne
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Balancing Act® Talks Relief for Acne, Migraines and Knee Pain
Blue Belt Technologies, Aqua Pharmaceuticals, ContentChecked Take Center Stage on January 5th Show at 7:30 a.m. on Lifetime
(POMPANO BEACH, Fla. – PR LOG – January 2, 2014) Award-winning morning show The Balancing Act® will feature resources for quick dinnertime meals and novel therapies for liver cancer on the show airing on Monday, January 5, 2015 at 7:30 a.m. (ET/PT) on Lifetime®. Tune in as The Balancing Act hosts help jump start the day with lively conversations, recipes, and trusted information to empower a woman’s life. This show will re-air on January 12, 2015 on Lifetime.
Don’t miss these featured segments taking center stage on The Balancing Act:
o Understanding Acne and Treatment Options – with Aqua Pharmaceuticals LLC
Acne can be a painful and debilitating skin condition. It’s a condition that can affect women and men as well, and manifest itself well beyond the teenage years. It can be difficult to manage. Join Board Certified Dermatologist Doctor Sherry Ingraham as she shares medical insight, including effective treatments that help manage, and control acne – including the most severe. For more information, please visit: http://www.acticlate.com
o Identify Migraine Triggers with Smartphone App – with ContentChecked
Migraine triggers in certain foods and drink cost Americans nearly $20 Billion a year in related health care costs and loss in productivity. A new smartphone application available from Content Checked Inc. is helping migraine sufferers avoid headaches caused by certain triggers. Join Nutritionist Victoria Brodsky, as she demonstrates how the MigraineChecked Smartphone app identifies headache triggering ingredients in real time…an exciting breakthrough already making the lives of many food allergy sufferers a whole lot better, healthier, and safer.
Learn more at: http://www.contentchecked.com
o Put Knee Pain Behind You -with Blue Belt Technologies
Osteoarthritis affects one in every sixteen Americans, the majority of whom are women. Adults of all ages can suffer – with symptoms ranging from acute pain to swelling and stiffness. Partial knee replacement surgery is one option many with Osteoarthritis consider. Advances in robotic-assisted smart surgical systems are helping reduce patient radiation exposure, surgery time for patient and doctor, and healthcare system costs. Join Dr. Jess Lonner of Philadelphia’s Rothman Institute, as he addresses these important quality-of-life and health issues. For more information, please visit: http://www.BlueBeltTech.com
“Blue Belt Technologies is focused on improving patient care through advanced technology and state-of-the-art surgical instruments. With The Balancing Act, Blue Belt aims to inform patients who are suffering from early to mid-stage osteoarthritis of the treatment options available, and provide advanced solutions that enable consistent and accurate results.”
About The Balancing Act®
Entering its 7th season, The Balancing Act continues to empower women in all aspects of their lives. The mission at The Balancing Act is simple – to help today’s modern woman balance it all by bringing them positive solutions to enrich and empower them. Entertaining, educational and trusted by women, viewers can tune in to America’s premier morning show The Balancing Act on weekday mornings at 7:30 a.m. (ET/PT) on Lifetime television. For additional information or to view a segment visit: http://www.thebalancingact.com
For more information regarding O2 Media, Branded Entertainment, Product Placement and TV Brand Integration go to: http://o2mediainc.com/Pages/187/Branded-Entertainment
Join the Conversation!
Like us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/TheBalancingActFans
Follow us on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/balancingacttv
Watch us on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/thebalancingact